1. My ears started ringing this evening after we got home from dinner and it is driving me crazy. It’s as though I’m hearing a high pitched frequency and the only solution is to listen to loud music in my headphones.
2. I tip-toed into Sephora this past week and fell in love.
The girl who helped me asked, “so why did you decide to start wearing makeup again?”
I paused and thought oh let’s see, I’ve been depressed throughout the past few years and didn’t want to fuck with it and my lone bottle of Clinique foundation has kept me truckin’ right along when I ran into dressy occasions. And now I’m hormonal, and yet feeling adventurous, and wanting to play with some goddamn makeup.
But all I said was, “I just haven’t been into it.” LAME I KNOW.
3. We’ve had a close friend living with us for three and a half weeks (she moved to MI for a job and will get her own place in a bit) and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. She’s super low-key and it’s been refreshing to talk through a lot of our shared baggage from BJU/South Carolina days.
4. It’s only three days until Drew is in school. We’ve been trying to inch away from our normal sleep-in-until-whenever schedule that we’ve had during homeschool & summer and it hasn’t went well. So, it’s going to be an adventure.
At least he is excited about actually going to school!
5. Current obsessions: Orphan Black, watermelon, Quiz Up, naps, Burt’s Bees Pomegranate shampoo, and baby harem pants.